1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Won't Boot - Blue Screen O' Death - no Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iman2919, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

I believe the problem started when I let my lenovo boot optimizer, which I always skipped until now, run its full course.

Computer attempts to start windows but fails, gives blue screen of death and restarts automatically.

Safe mode gives the same error.

Tried all options next to safe mode to no avail.

tried Windows start up repair - can't fix the problem

tried Command prompt bootrec.exe - can't fix the problem. DISKPART says all partitions and volumes are healthy, and it seems like it is not a hardware problem.

I have a backup, but it's on Crashplan... I can't access it until I can login to crashplan. I'm about to install ubuntu, and see if I can retrieve to an old backup through Ubuntu. Any better ideas?

2. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

stop parameter: STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF880009AA000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF800036C26DA, 0x00000000000000000)

Also under a problem has been detected in the Blue screen:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

3. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  5. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

At the Command Prompt after starting the pc from the DVD.
    Type the following, after each one press Enter on the keyboard.

BOOTREC /FIXMBR
    BOOTREC /FIXBOOT
    BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD
    ===
    Do not install Ubuntu - click on 'TRY' and run it from the Cd/DVD and follow the suggestions here.

How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

6. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

Yes, I have downloaded the hotfix. But how am I going to execute the hotfix file, if my windows is not loading up? I tried executing the file from command prompt, but that didn't work.

Also, the link you have sent won't work for me, as my windows is not loading up. So I cannot go to msconfig.

7. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

I tried the BOOTREC commands. No luck!

I made an UBUNTU DVD, and tried to boot the computer from the UBUNTU DVD. But all I see is a black screen. I am unable to start up UBUNTU's installation.

8. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Follow blues harps instructions...he is more knowledgeable than me in this situation.

It will be difficult if we both try to help ya.

9. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The Bios may need to be set to boot [Start] from the Cd - it may already be set to do so.
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

If not, in the Bios you use the arrow keys to move the Cd to the top of the list.
    Save and Exit the Bios - pressing F10 will usually do this.
    Make no other changes while in the Bios
    ======
    How to boot from a CD.
    http://techpaul.wordpress.com/2007/08/03/how-to-boot-from-a-cd/

10. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

Tried the Bootrec again, loading from DVD. No Luck. Is it possible that I have the wrong startup disk? I made my startup disk from a website, and I chose Windows 7 Ultimate. I am not sure what windows 7 model I have and not sure how to check.

11. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

Changed the bios as you suggested. I am now able to see UBUNTU's installation. Didn't touch that. Put the windows startup disk back in again to see if it would be any different now. I see a black screen with Windows Boot Manager written at top:

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
    I may very possibly have the wrong startup disk. I have the option of clicking enter

If you think the windows is beyond help, I will go through UBUNTU, and follow the link you sent.\

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  12. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

Thank you both! This has been a nightmare. I am usually the one helping others with computer problems in family, which means when I have a problem, nobody around me is able to help me... :(

metallica5456 likes this.
  13. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

Just noticed something as I went into UBUNTU. It seems like Lenovo Boot Optimizer created a new volume on my computer, only 210 MB in size, and it only has a folder called "Boot" in it, and a Bootmgr file. I have a feeling that Lenovo Boot Optimizer may have copied my boot files into a separate partition, to speed up boot process, but failed to do the process completely or properly, and left my windows with no boot files, perhaps.

14. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    My life exactly!

15. iman2919

iman2919 Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice