1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 won't boot past Acer splash screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PanamaKevin, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PanamaKevin

PanamaKevin Thread Starter

I have an ACER extensa 5630Z. It's been running all day, and I looked over and it had restarted and got stuck at a blank screen with a blink cursur, Every reboot will show the Acer splash screen, then straight to the blank screen with the blinking cursor. Any ideas what I can do to fix this? I've hit F2 and can get into the bios, but other than that I don't know what to do... Please help... Let me know if you need more information...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

3. PanamaKevin

PanamaKevin Thread Starter

I can see the drive in BIOS. I am using the drive diagnostic to repair it piece by piece but it can only seem to repair 100 sectors at a time and is taking for ever.... I am still at 4 percent... I hate that this is happening, i got lots of important docs on their and really need my laptop for work... is there a way to run checkdisk or something instead? this method just seems to take too long...

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Chkdsk on a failing drive can destroy all the files . . which diagnostic are you using to repair

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice