1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 wont boot up 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by koncreteprobeats, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koncreteprobeats

koncreteprobeats Thread Starter

I follow the steps of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_BN5PPald8
    My computer will not boot up so I tried the steps until I got to cd boot in commard prompt it said the system cannot find the path specified. can someone help, when the computer didnt boot up it comes up as launch repair which doesnt fix the problem, I tried system restore it would not restore. I have a dart recovery disc I have us through all of the steps but no successful out come.. I believe its from some updates that where trying to install before my laptop shutsdown, which caused the problem

My laptop will not boot up I will get a blue screen a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. check your hd to make sure it is properly config and terninated. run chkdsk for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

tech info:0x0000007b

and then it goes to windows error recovery: windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. if windows files have been damaged or config incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if the power was interrupted during startup, choose start windows normally. I tried the launch startup repair which doesnt fix the problem. I have tried system restore which doesnt restore it gave me this error code 0x80070003

I tried MSdart recovery disk tools, I can see my files using the explorer option, I also install mpam-fe.exe to get trojans and other unwanted programs and viruses off my computer. I also tried hotfix installer that stay on all night and did nothing, I tried chkdsk /f. I do not want to just wipe my hd drive clean dont want to lose programs and sofware. It was working the day before all this I believe it had something to do with my laptop doing updates before it shut down also I believe that none of the updates installed which maybe the cause of the problem

gateway notebook windows 7 32bit

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

k :
    Welcome to TGF.

Which Gateway Notebook?

Which W7? 32 or 64 bit?
    Which service pack?

Which CPU?
    How much ram?
    Which video chip?

When did the problem begin? Please describe the circumstances. The more information you provide, the more efficiently can we assist you.

Which updates; W7; from Gateway; from your anti malware?

Do you have a bootable CD? If so, test to determine if your notebook will boot to it.

At what point of the repair process is
    displayed?

edit:
    What is a dart recovery disk?

RF123

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Wrong site. :( This is TSG.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

I apologize, TerryNet.

Yes, certainly TGF. [ embarassed ]

RF123

5. koncreteprobeats

Which Gateway Notebook? Gateway MD7818U w/ Intel Centrino Processor, 4GB Memory windows 7 32bit
    Which W7? 32 bit premium
    4gb ram
    not sure about which video chip or cpu

it was working on wednesday after the computer tried updating before shutting down I believe the updates where Microsoft or I guess window 7 security updates. Thursday I turn on my laptop and it tried booting but got the blue screen (a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. check your hd to make sure it is properly config and terninated. run chkdsk for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer tech info:0x0000007b)

then it goes to windows error recovery: windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. if windows files have been damaged or config incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if the power was interrupted during startup, choose start windows normally. I tried the launch startup repair which doesnt fix the problem. I have tried system restore which doesnt restore it gave me this error code 0x80070003

the dart recovery disk is microsoft diagnostics and recovery toolset

6. koncreteprobeats

Which Gateway Notebook? Gateway MD7818U w/ Intel Centrino Processor, 4GB Memory windows 7 32bit
    Which W7? 32 bit premium
    4gb ram
    not sure about which video chip or cpu

it was working on wednesday after the computer tried updating before shutting down I believe the updates where Microsoft or I guess window 7 security updates. Thursday I turn on my laptop and it tried booting but got the blue screen (a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. check your hd to make sure it is properly config and terninated. run chkdsk for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer tech info:0x0000007b)

then it goes to windows error recovery: windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. if windows files have been damaged or config incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if the power was interrupted during startup, choose start windows normally. I tried the launch startup repair which doesnt fix the problem. I have tried system restore which doesnt restore it gave me this error code 0x80070003

the dart recovery disk is microsoft diagnostics and recovery toolset

7. rainforest123

rainforest123

k:
    Thanks for the answers.

Does this look like your laptop?
    https://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2009/Ajax2/MD78/MD78nv.shtml

0x0000007b
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
    I do not know if the fix to which Microsoft refers can be run from the repair options, or requires W7's environment [ booted to W7 ].

0x80070003
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
    Again, I do not know if the fix to which Microsoft refers can be run from the repair options, or requires W7's environment [ booted to W7 ].

You might be faced with a re-format / re-install of W7, or use whatever Gateway has, to be in accord with Microsoft's policy that the computer manufacturer provide the user with the ability to have W7 installed.

Did this computer, originally have W7 or Vista?

Per https://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2009/Ajax2/MD78/MD78fql.shtml

https://support.gateway.com/s/software/microsof/Windows7/Windows7faq3.shtml

RF123

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice