Windows 7 Won't Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

successgold

Joe
Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Enterprise on my computer, but I'm unable to do so. On the page that lists the partitions, it says: "Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 Patition 1 (Show details)".

If I click on "Show details", it says: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

I have formatted the hard drive in NTFS format.

Here are the components of my computer:

CPU: Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

Please can someone suggest how I can stop this from happening and install Windows?

Thank you,
Joe

vembutech

Banned
Hi,

Delete that partition and just create one fresh unallocated partition. From there on Setup it ..

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm trying to install Windows 7 Enterprise on my computer, but I'm unable to do so.
Where did you obtain Windows 7 Enterprise from?

How exactly are you trying to install it?

CPU: Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150
The downloadable manual for that Intel processor/chipset-based motherboard is located here.

--------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts