1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 won't load past the first icon.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tg2288, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tg2288

tg2288 Thread Starter

Hi whoever answers
    I need help desperately.
    my laptop wont load past the initial windows icon (of which the icon itself won't even load).
    I have tried pressing escape at the start of the hp screen and i ran a hard drive short test or something and it came back with a failed short DST test. the error code was 9E714M-0008KP-XD7WMG-60SR03
    I then attempted to start the computer again in safe mode, but this failed.
    i have now successfully started the computer in repair your computer mode, and have reached the system recovery options. my operating system is not listed in the whit box and I don't have a system image to restore my computer to.
    Please help me and thank you very much

PS it is a HP probook

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Then I'd say you are out of luck.
    Add to that the fact that the hard drive failed the short test, translate to You need to replace the hard drive.

You might want to contact HP and see if you can purchase recovery disks, if you did not create any.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice