1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sportman13, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sportman13

sportman13 Thread Starter

1 I am a disable person using windows 7 On-Screen Keyboard it is not the right keyboard for me to use can I download Windows XP on_screen keyboard anywhere cause it was easy for me to use thanks 2 In the taskbar can you tell me the number of firefoxs and ie explorer etc you can keep in the taskbar thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I don't think you can change the OSK in Windows 7, you cannot even change font or layout like you could in XP/Vista, a step backwards for accessibility , geez.

See my attachment and download it, this is the OSK for XP, it works in Windows 7 ( I did not fully test it), you will just need to do is unzip it and save it to its own folder, then drag a shortcut of it to your desktop. start it from there. The shortcut could be added to the startup folder so it will start when windows does.

I don't think there is a limit on the number on the taskbar.

Attached Files:

• osk.zip
      File size:
      68.1 KB
      Views:
  3. sportman13

Mumbodog thanks for oskzip as for the limit on the number on the taskbar.not to window 7 savy I think I meant toolbar not taskbar sorry not the one near the computer clock can you tell me the difference then I can explain it better thanks

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

The area where the clock is is called the system tray or Notification Area as Microsoft likes to call it now, the rest of it is the taskbar..

5. sportman13

Mumbodog the limit in the number of apps like firefox and others you can have is my question for exampel in windows xp I was running at least 11 apps in the taskbar so in windows 7 the amount is? and dose it do thunbnail ?.r thanks

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

7. antech

antech Banned

Theres no limit till now in Windows 7

8. sportman13

mumbodog or antech there is no limit anymore.in windows 7 before it cuts you off from the taskbar?

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What "limit" are you talking about? I've never heard of a task bar "limit" in the number of instances of a program you could have open. I can't imagine why you'd want a ridiculous number of browser windows open. Both Firefox and Internet Explorer use tabs.

10. sportman13

Double-Helex the "limit" am talking about is the amount of browsers in the taskbar and Windows 7 Thumbnails it shows

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I've never heard of such a limit.

12. sportman13

Doubel- Helex in the taskbar the Thumbnails it shows are only eight it dose not show anymore when I have more aops like firefox running can I expand

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I still don't know what you're talking about. You can certainly have more than 8 items in the task bar.

14. antech

antech Banned

This is due to the size of thumbnails.
    Decreasing the size might help

15. sportman13

Antech where do I Decrease the size of thumbnails. to see more then eight thumbnials ? for more then eight firefox etc

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice