Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

winroc1

I have a Canon MP780 all in one printer since I changed computer Windows 7 the printer will not work. Downloaded the Windows 32 bit driver no results. Google have a lot of complaint over this issue,
I purchased "Driver Boost" from a recommended site yet I cant get the software registered under Start- open driver boost- click on "Register" icon (I dont get the Register icon in the start menue).
Am I that stupid or it dont exist anyone had same problem??

The Windows 7 driver from Canon for this model is only an "add on" for the main driver.
The main driver for this printer on Windows 7 is provided by Microsoft via Windows Update.
Make sure your printer is switched on & connected to a usb port on the PC.
Go to Control Panel >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.
You should get the main driver for your printer that way
provided you ensure the printer is switched on and connected to the PC,
otherwise Microsoft won't be able to detect it.

Once this main driver is installed you can install the add-on provided by Canon which is optional.

I had to do exact same thing for my canon printer when I got Windows 7.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online