1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8.1 64-bit Installation Failure

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WinError404, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WinError404

WinError404 Thread Starter

I am attempting to reinstall Windows 8.1 on my PC, however it keeps relaying the Windows Setup error code: 0x80070570. There is no other operating system on the PC, the hard drives were formatted after a couple years of service. I am using the original install media CD, so it probably isn't an issue of missing files. I previously had an error of bad pool header, but haven't since. Please assist.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Could be your DVD is scratched. Or it could be a hard drive problem - depending on which stage the Windows setup is at. The easiest thing to try first is to download the setup ISO from MS, here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows8 Once it finished download. Right click on the ISO file and choose Burn disk image. Of course you need a DVD writer drive and a blank DVD.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you using an actual Windows 8.1 install disc, or are you using a Windows 8.1 system recovery/factory restore disc?
    Is your PC a factory-brand one, or is it a self-built one?
    We're not there, so you're the only person who knows what you're working with.

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. WinError404

I'm using the original install disc, my PC is self built but has worked in the past for a little over two years before I reformatted to clean things up and start from scratch. As far as damage on the disc there isn't any visible scratching, as the discs have been stored in their sleeves since the first install two years ago. I've tried three separate hard drives and none let the setup finish installing files. I could attempt an ISO download, but have no discs, I do have a USB drive that should be large enough if that could work, but I've never seen a boot option for a USB.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  6. WinError404

It's a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Rev:2.1 to be honest it was a budget board to replace an older one that got damaged in my last move, but its been reliable so I kept it. How do I choose the USB to boot from?

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    If you tap F12 just after switching on you should get a Boot Device Menu where you can select the Usb stick.

I think the Usb stick choice will only show up there if it is already connected to the PC though, which is probably why you haven't noticed it before.

8. WinError404

Okay I'll give it a try, thanks. If it doesn't work I'll be back I'm sure.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok good luck with it and please let me know if it works or not.

EDIT : Get the first 'Windows 8' option when you choose the edition.

10. WinError404

It says "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system." I've removed all drives and nothing happened.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you get the Boot Device Menu and then select the Usb stick ?

12. WinError404

Yes, after reading the USB it says that.

13. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  14. WinError404

Alright I'll give it a try and then get back to you

15. WinError404

It now reads the iso and began installing but like before it gets about 40% done readying files, then blue screens with a bad pool header error message.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice