windows 8.1 can't connect to home wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drjanitor

My laptop suddenly became unable to connect to my home wifi. When I try, it tries to connect for a few seconds and then i get the message "can't connect to this network". until this happened i connected to it without problems. other laptops (housemates) can still connect to it as always without problems. my laptop can still, as, always, connect without problems to all other wifis. I've tried updating windows, then restoring, i upgraded to windows 8.1, i tried changing the security settings, rebooting the wifi, all the troubleshooting i could find on my computer. any ideas? is it more likely to be a problem with the wifi or with my laptop?

etaf

Wayne
in windows 8
forget the wireless network
so that you reconnect and have to re-enter the password
if still a problem

turn the router off for 5 mins and backon again - try again
if still a problem

try removing the password from the router and see if it will then connect
if it does then put the password backon

etaf

Wayne
you removed the security from the router - yes?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online