Windows 8.1 Installation Problem caused by GPT/MBR errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Questionlord

Windows had an installation problem on my HDD after a crash or something, and all the solutions i found on Google was to do a clean install windows after partitioning HDD. I didn't wanna lose 1 TB of files so used my old laptop HDD and installed Windows there and now my Desktop is running with a laptop HDD at the moment lol.
The Problem began after i hit restart accidentally twice and Automatic repair popped up and got stuck there leading to plenty more errors and missing files caused by the repair so i tried to re-install windows and everything went well until i format my System drive and couldn't continue to the 'Next" step to install windows due to GPT error.
i was able to install windows on laptop HDD only through MBR conversion only too.
-> The only answer i need now is if its possible to Convert a 'Local Disk: X' from GPT to MBR without affecting the whole HDD now that i can start up the computer.
i'm rekt pls halp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts