1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 8.1 PC, turn on with insane loud ringing noise

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Coldcce, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Coldcce

Coldcce Thread Starter

I use my computer daily to work on stuff and its really the current thing I can do for my actual work I need for myself to get my money. Since I work alone in my own coding projects and other sorts.

My computer randomly forced and update and I had 15 minutes before it would automatically restart. I’ve had this PC since 2013. Its windows 8.1, after this restart it would startup and slowly but then quickly make a ringing noise thats so loud and constantly getting louder than anyone in my home and the neighbors could hear it. I turned it off even when it was updating after it restarted. I went to bed and after I got up and got ready for the day. I turned it on again, maybe it was that one time? No, it kept ringing at the exact time. I’m thinking its the coils but that isn’t the problem. This has never happened with this pc and I have optimized it quite a bit. The windows update is literally what causing the computer to ring super loudly.

I need to know how to cancel this update. Keep in mind I am at startup and can’t even get to the login screen. Its trying to update everytime I turn it on.

This isn’t the first time a force update almost fried my pc. But it is the first time for this extreme ringing noise.

2. Coldcce

Coldcce Thread Starter

I system restored to a point. Fixed the issue

3. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Thanks for posting back on how you fixed it. This will be of help to others that have the same issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice