Windows 8.1 Unbootable device please restart system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KKaity

I know that there are a lot of threads around the internet about this. But in their case, it randomly happened. I accidentally created this issue on my computer. I went to do a factory reset on my Toshiba Satellite C55 computer and i accidentally clicked reset hard drive and I cancelled at 1%. I shut my computer off and went to bed after that the next morning. That unbootable message pops up. I tried reinstalling windows with a disk, and I don't know what type of boot disks I should use to try and fix my computer. I don't want to purchase a new hard drive if I don't have to. Isn't there a type of program that could replace whatever file was deleted from my hard drive?

Thanks,
Kaitlyn

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I tried reinstalling windows with a disk
which disc - from where please
a Toshiba system reinstall disc for that laptop
a recovery disc made on the laptop
a Microsoft windows installation disc
etc.

AND the 1000$ question - what happened when you did

Also if you wanted to do a reset to condition as sold
I went to do a factory reset on my Toshiba Satellite C55 computer and i accidentally clicked reset hard drive and I cancelled at 1%
what was that did it come with 8 and what was then on it at the time of this accident

KKaity

which disc - from where please
a Toshiba system reinstall disc for that laptop
a recovery disc made on the laptop
a Microsoft windows installation disc
etc.

AND the 1000$ question - what happened when you did

Also if you wanted to do a reset to condition as sold

what was that did it come with 8 and what was then on it at the time of this accident

I used a Microsoft Windows Installation Disc (8.1 64 bit) but It would only boot from the disk and whenever I took the disc out the unbootable message was still there. So it didn't really fix the problem. I don't how else to explain it, but the disk had windows installed on it and when the disk is taken out the unbootable issue is still present.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
NO need to post back all I have just sent you
Please type in box that appears when you open the topic not by clicking reply on my post as that is what quotes back my post

So what please have you tried with the disc
repair your computer
cmd prompt - chkdsk
etc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online