Windows 8.1 wifi connected but stops working every 15 min

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LunaLuna

Hello, sorry for the long message but I wanted to give as much detail as possible.

Short version: Lenovo laptop with 8.1 says wifi is connected and that there should be an internet connection but every +/- 15 min the internet stops working till I use troubleshooter or turn it off/on again manually. After that or even long before trouble shooter comes to a conclusion, the internet works again. Problem happens at my student house wifi and parents house wifi, both from the same company. My mobile can use the internet without a problem at all times. My network adapter is: Intel Wireless-N 2230.
Tried all the solutions I could find but to no avail. Uninstalled Lenovo Energy Management yesterday night after it still happaned in safe mode and internet worked for the entire day till now, around 9 PM my time. Now my connection drops again about every 15 min.

Longer version:
The windows troubleshooter said Windows can't communicate with the device or the resource (primary DNS server) and in the past 2 days the message changes, now it keeps saying there's a problem with the router but that can't be it, I called our privoder and they checked and told me it's working fine. My parents and brother use the internet without issues, they use Windows 7 and 10.

I tried the solution in this video but it didn't work: youtube.com QcWCmLsORMo
I pulled the router/modem out for 10 seconds but that didn't do anything.
I tried this; https://www.kapilarya.com/your-comp...ource-dns-server-is-not-responding-windows-10 But my command gave me an error when trying the 4th thing so i tried this; http://www.kapilarya.com/windows-so...-required-for-network-connectivity-is-missing
I tried the winsock reset thing and after I restarted my laptop things were a bit better, it only happens about every hour instead of multiple times now buw now it still happens every 15 min)
The ipcondig flush doesn't work, tried multiple times
Open DNS/Google DNS also don't fix it
I've also tried to reset things in the command screen multiple times but that also doesn't seem to work
The drivers are also updated, from both my laptop and from Intel automatic updater and I've tried different setting it back as well which doesn't make a difference
I've disabled bluetooth and all other network adapters including the hidden ones
IPv6 was disabled for a bit but that doesn't solve anything
I've forgotten the network and reconnected with the password
I've also tried pinging google but that's going fine -as long as I'm connected- with no package loss.
I've tried the safe mode and the internet drop still happened
Malwarebytes ran a scan and found some stuff which I deleted but nothing changed
I've turned off my smart or slim firewall from Norton, I have no other antivirus. Chrome has full access.
I've unchecked all the boxes in the LAN settings
I've downloaded windows updates
I've tried switching from Chrome to Firefox but internet won't work there if it's not working in Chrome either
I've deleted my cookies/caches from Chrome
The "let the laptop cut this performance off when on low power" or something was never on on my laptop

I just saw my cursor move a little about 30 minutes ago without me touching the touchpad or the mouse I have plugged in now. Also a website refreshed out of the blue without me doing anything.

Also, idk if it's realted but my touchpad hasn't worked 100% when I tried installing a driver update from the Intel update thing, my laptop kinda froze but the program still worked and asked me to restart. I did and since then it has been feeling kinda "heave" so I had to turn on the sensitivity all the way up otherwise I can barely make it move.

That's all I can think of on the top of my head. Please if someone knows what I should do I'm getting really desperate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online