Windows 8.1 won't boot - Recovery didn't help

dino85

Hello!

I have Desktop computer, ASROCK UEFI, Windows 8.1. x64, SSD disk, the disk is healthy.

So BSOD appeard on my computer saying that it encountered a problem. After restart it says: File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error code: 0xc000000f. Few times i got different error message: File: \Windows\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys. Error code: 0xc0000242

After trying to recover it with Recovery USB with bootrec /fixmbr...fixboot...rebuildbcd... and writing Yes to add installation to boot list it says: the requested system device cannot be found.

I tried making the disk active and it didn't help. Every solution i found on google end up the the same.

One possible problem/solution i found is that the EFI partition is lost or corrupted and i need to fix/recreate that.

Diskpart says my windows disk has 2 partitions: Partition 1 - Primary-729mb-offset 1024mb.... Partition 2 - Primary-232gb-offset 731mb

I don't see EFI written anywhere and it says all disks are NFTS (btw i have no idea what all those terms mean). In solutions i found most of them have one 500mb partition... i guess that's that 729mb partition in my case or what?

Any ideas what i have to do without losing everything?

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online