1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 and VPN

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by snawazel2258, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snawazel2258

snawazel2258 Thread Starter

I have tried to link to VPN at work since I downloaded the new Windows 8 - I am now told by work that THEY have to download a NEW VPN client that will read Windows 8. This is probably what is happening to everyone out there that is having the same problem. Didn't the VPN client prepare for this???? Obviously not.

2. geodripp

geodripp

3. UserSupport_Pro

UserSupport_Pro

Well II had the same issue at work, I could not get Cisco VPN to work. There is a fix for my problem and hope this works for you too.

Cisco VPN Client fails to enable virtual adapter in Windows 8?
    -Open Registry editor
    -Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\CVirtA
    -Select the DisplayName to modify, and remove the leading characters from the value data upto "%;" i.e.
    -For x86, change the value data from something like "@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter”
    -For x64, change the value data from something like "@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”

This is a recommended fix from cisco

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice