1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 Blank Tiles

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by PennKen2009, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PennKen2009

PennKen2009 Thread Starter

Actually I deleted the install file completely and re downloaded it and it still didnt give me the option to change what I want to do.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

So what happens when you now insert the install disc

3. PennKen2009

I don't have a new insert disk. I redownload the windows 8 installer as you told me to do above, and it automatically starts trying to redownload windows 8, doesn't give me the option to choose to create new install media or anything.

4. Macboatmaster

With respect - see post 15
    YOU cannot create the install media UNTIL you have downloaded Windows
    as the files need to be on your computer before you can CREATE the disc

5. PennKen2009

Yes and with respect as I stated, I did that once and put my product key in, the first time, I tried to simply redownload windows and got error access denied. So I deleted that file and redownloaded it and everytime I run the install file now it simply tries to redownload windows on my computer and then says access denied again. I do NOT get the screen referenced in post 15.

6. Macboatmaster

Ok But I did not appreciate of course that you still had the access denied error
    as on your last I read

and I was trying to explain that you do not see the choice of to install now or install by creating media until it has downloaded the files for the installation to your computer

Please see the link in my post 13
    I have NOT done this as I created the media in the first place, so I could set up my triple boot with 8, 7 and XP

If following the advice in that link does not work, then I am sorry but I can only suggest that you use the 90 day free support option that comes with the windows 8 upgrade - from Microsoft

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice