Windows 8 blue screen error memory dump

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Agopaye

I have a 3 wk old toshiba laptop. I ha e installed iTunes to tether with my iPhone and ha e been on the net a handful of times. I frequently get a blue screen that reads your computer had an error a d needs to restart. C:\Windows mini dump
c\users\jen\appdata\local\temp
C:\windows\memorydump. I have read in some forums that this is normal. Although I ha e a hard time bieving a new laptop should normally crash. Can you help me understand if I have a bad laptop or is this win 8 OS and how to correct it. If it is going to be a common problem I am thinking of getting another laptop with win 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Agopaye

I hope I'm doing this correctly. Dia, I am not sure what you mean by put the dump in here and post result. I am not tech savvy, but I learn quickly. Could you give
Me some more
Details on what to do please. I thank you so much for your help!

Agopaye

I hope I'm doing this correctly. Dia, I am not sure what you mean by put the dump in here and post result. I am not tech savvy, but I learn quickly. Could you give
Me some more
Details on what to do please. I thank you so much for your help!

Agopaye

Me some more
Details on what to do please. I thank you so much!

dai

open up the viewer

click on options

then advanced options

load the dumps using the top option

then copy and paste the result or save and load as a attachment,using the go advanced button instead of the quick reply button

Agopaye

"%programfiles%\Debugging Tools for Windows\DumpChk.exe" "%1"
Dia is this what was needed?

dai

you d/load the program

click on options/advanced options

select the dump

then when they come up in the main box

click on copy selected items

and paste them into the reply box here

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online