Windows 8 Bootable from USB?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neurtic

I've managed to find libraries of applications that can create bootable installations of Vista and Win7... but none claim Windows 8.

Does anyone know of a utility for making a windows 8 bootable installation USB Stick?

TerryNet

Terry
I successfully used THE WINDOWS 7 USB/DVD DOWNLOAD TOOL. Ignore the confusing name; just download, install and run the tool. It will prompt for your .iso file, and it worked fine for creating a bootable Windows 8 installation USB. Caveat: I ran the tool in Windows 7.

The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool will create a bootable USB that will boot on either MBR systems or UEFI systems. Like Terry, I used it in on my Windows 7 PC. I used it to create a bootable USB to install Windows 8 on my EFI capable laptop after I enabled EFI and converted my drive to GPT. That same USB will boot my desktop PC, which uses MBR.

neurtic

Awesome thanks.

I didn't know if those utilities were limited to incompatible bootloaders or old PE style Loader.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online