1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 8 Booting loop (after failed intall of windows 7)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lakalester, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lakalester

lakalester Thread Starter

So after trying and unsuccessfully re installing windows 7 on my computer (after it forcefully installed windows 8). The computer is now stuck in a sort of booting loop.

The computer will start up just fine but after the first screen the computer tries to boot up windows 8 but just ends up re-starting itself again and again.

at this point i would just like to get windows up and runing again and just bite the bullet and live wht it cant be so bad am i right xd.

I`ve tried to mess with the priorities but it dosent seem to have aney luck.

if its aney help i have an alien ware x51 from 2011

aney and all help would be greatly appriciated :)

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

What's the exact "service tag" number and "express service code" number on your Alienware X51?
    A Windows 7 computer cannot upgrade on its own to Windows 8.
    Someone would need to insert a Windows 8 disc or Windows 8 thumb drive and then go through the setup process to upgrade it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. lakalester

Were do you find the service tag and express service code ???

Sorry i`m really inept when it comes to this :p

5. lakalester

Ok i found it XD

The service tag is:325Z85J

The express srvice code is: 66-613-209-67

hope this helps

P.s
    Thanks

6. flavallee

According to those numbers, you have THIS Alienware X51 desktop.
    According to its system configuration section, it shipped in February 2012 in Norway and came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

Dell doesn't appear to have a downloadable recovery media file for that desktop, so you'll need to obtain Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit through other means.
    If you go HERE, you can download and save and then use the Windows ISO Downloader.exe tool to select and download and save the ISO file for Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.
    Once that's done, you can create a bootable DVD so you can reinstall it.
    It's my guess this is beyond your computer knowledge, so you'll need to get someone who's computer-knowledgeable to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. lakalester

Thank you so much for all your help :D.

and your probabley right about my techinical skills so i`m probabley gonna send it to the local repair shop. Hopefully it wont cost me that much to get it up and running again. XD

P.S
    Thank you for taking the time out of your time to help someone like me thanks.

8. flavallee

You're welcome, and good luck. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183667