1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 credentials exploit, please help me

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by aSILENTfire, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aSILENTfire

aSILENTfire Thread Starter

I'm having a bad day, I have to do homework but I'm constantly annoyed with random spurts of high data traffic in and out from my PC as well as Comodo firewall being shut off randomly or being unusable. So I did a bit of digging and I found a credential that raises a red flag: virtualapp/didlogical. I'm not to savvy with my security but some aspects of my computing are mission-critical, and I have been attacked before..

I found quite a bit of talk online about this, but its non-conclusive. The common theme is that it is an exploit to steal information (commonly Paypal), redirect websites, possibly establish a direct connection, and hijack windows update. The official purpose of the program was regarded as a mistake by MS in Windows 7 related to Live services.

I should also note that NO WEBSITE that I visit has a valid certificate.. Computer frequently hangs on startup to the point where I have to power off and reboot, and then it sometimes starts without AVG and Comodo firewall or they start late.

I'm on the brink of nuking the computer and using live CDs.. please help!

Windows 8, AVG, Comodo FW, Secunia PSI (can't open it, but it is green in the taskbar), WinPatrol, Zemana AntiKeylogger. AMD A8 64, 4gb ram, handicapped down-syndrome schizo at times.

here is some info.. i hope the link is okay: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/unknown-credential-virtualappdidlogical/40467173-a75a-44b2-8617-5aa7a0479925?page=2
    update: that link has like 20 cookies on me, not signed by MS, cookies include: .ASPXANONYMOUS, content:peO4YwA2zgEkAAAANWViNDdlMjktM2RlOS00MzUzLWE4YTktNDJjMTY0ZmNiZDI21BRYvtY8SMlWkO8QjN4ZYf9OYqD0yuEP1Tm93k55tn41 and many others.. sorry if its a bad link..

I thought I would check the date that the credential was last modified, in my event viewer, but it crashed.. I can view security (15k+ audits in under a month) but if I try to go to setup I got a snap in problem (I don't know what a snap in is, but last time I found something interesting on an associates event manager it had a similar error and never worked again ):

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2. aSILENTfire

I've tried a few different browsers, and even google.com is not verified... do I need to update something?

3. aSILENTfire

Okay, using Comodo Dragon I got a somewhat secure connection to VirusTotal, here is a screenshot.. how do I made it totally secure like normal?
    [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice