1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 desktop starting up to blank screen/no input

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by champfoster, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. champfoster

champfoster Thread Starter

About 5 days ago I Purchased a new graphics card and had the store install it to be safe. Just today my computer started up, looked fine did its weird circles spinning in a circle thing then when it fades out and goes to where I would sign in, my monitor just goes blue. As it does when nothing is plugged into it. I've tried unplugging it and holding the power button for 30 secs then starting up, tried auto-repairing, but nothing is working! I just spent about 600 bucks on my already 600$ computer. Please help, I read that its a driver issue but then I finally got something to show on my pc and it said windows did not start correctly. I looked at the connection between everything to my motherboard and power supply and it looks fine. My power supply is good enough handle everything in there as well. The card I purchased was an evga geforce gtx 670 super clocked 4 gb ddr5 if that helps. I don't know why this would have occurred out of nowhere. As far as I know it wasn't dropped, hit, or moved in any way that would affect it. If you guys know any solutions please help. I also want to get into safe mode to back everything up. PLEASE HELP Extra info: Im using an HD MI to connect to my monitor. Its a desktop(I see a lot of forum posts about laptops) I don't have any windows install disks to reinstall the os.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you can help me out

2. dai

dai

did you check your psu was capable of running the new card

video and psu upgrades usually go hand in hand

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and cpu temperatures and post them

3. champfoster

champfoster Thread Starter

Im running.
    Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 670,
    processor: amd 6120 6 core processor,
    Power: corsair cx600,
    Ram: 10 gb ddr3,
    Harddrive: A sata, not sure about specifics
    not sure about mother board but its a gigabyte, expandable ram up to 32 gb.

4. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice