1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 8 factory setting failed cannot rebbot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mrhimalaya, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrhimalaya

mrhimalaya Thread Starter

When i started my laptop..the system went to startup repair mode..the startup repair mode did not worked n i went to ''restore to factory setting ''.Now the main problem arised.The factory setting later asked to reboot the system .the system failed to reboot.it gave the msg as ''bootMGR file '' missing.I was told by a local tech to use operating cd to repair the laptop.Now wat i saw the hard disk partion failed to That is before it was C:drive 50 gb & D: drive 450 gb.Now it was C:drive 498 gb & D: drive 1.98 gb,
    Which means i have lost all my important data which was in my hard disk .Is there no way for the data recovery.
    How come ''restore to factory setting failed ''?

2. dai

dai

3. mrhimalaya

mrhimalaya Thread Starter

Tks DIA ..but the option did not worked out ..seems have to give it to professionals for recovery

4. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice