1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 Highlights!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TechGuy, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

That was my knee jerk reaction also. Then, with some thought, I realized it's a good thing. As pointed out, many computers now don't even have DVD drives, and other computers are never used for playing DVDs. No reason for those Windows buyers to be paying extra for something never used.

Had the same reactions to the Media Center news. When/if it comes to decision time I can buy it for one computer instead of having the cost bundled in with all copies of Windows.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

My post should have read Media Center. I do use Media Center on all 3 of my Laptops and 2 of my desktops, although Mostly for DVD playback I do also use it for some Internet TV. Though WMC is not good for my daughters Netbook.

4. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!