1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 installation problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by maulikrb, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maulikrb

maulikrb Thread Starter

Dear All,
    I am having windows 8.1 in laptop hp 4520s probook (Canada spec of laptop: 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM,64 bit system). I want to install windows 8.0 due to very slow response in windows 8.1. I am not able to see my laptop screen due to very slow response of laptop. I tried to format the disk via windows 8.0 DVD. but problem is i could not installed windows 8.0. i got message that "Windows 8 cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GP disks." I did not take any back up data on local drive. I am not in position to take back up data due to very slow response of my laptop.

Plesae advise me step by step so i can install windows 8.0 without formatting local drive or loosing any data stored on local drive.

Moreover, HP manufacturer (HP 4520s Probook) does not provide any mother board /audio/graphic card drivers for windows 8.0. They are providing for windows 7.0

Is it advisable to install windows 8.0 in that case ?

Regards,
    maulikrb

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Hi Maulikrb, welcome to the TSG Forums..... :D

Before attempting to install W8 or W8.1, I suggest that you visit the HP product compatibility site and check if your model has been tested. This is the link to the site: -

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/instructions.html

T.

3. maulikrb

maulikrb Thread Starter

Ya buddy. I know that HP did not make any drivers to my laptop HP 4520s Probook. But thing is that when I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 8.0 , it is absolutely working fine. Hence, I want to install windows 8.0. Please can you help me out to install windows 8.0
    Please advise me that if I install first windows 7.0 then windows 8.0 is it okay ??

4. maulikrb

maulikrb Thread Starter

Dear friend,
    Somehow i could format my pc and i installed windows 8.0.
    But when i restart my pc i found error: PCI controller error F1 CONTINUE F10 BIOS SET UP.
    Please help.

5. maulikrb

maulikrb Thread Starter

Dear friend,

Now, I have decided to install windows 7.0 professional and same was originally installed in my laptop.
    The hp manufacturer also provides all drivers for that.
    But while installation of windows 7.0 professional of 64 bit system through DVD, i found following error.
    I am not able to press enter or esc button. I have simple press power on/off button.
    Please find attached file herewith.

Please help me to resolve this problem. I have been stuck up with this issue since last few days.

Regards,
    Maulik

Attached Files:

6. Tabvla

Tabvla

Do you have the original installation disk and the Product Key..?

T.

7. maulikrb

maulikrb Thread Starter

I have orignal installation DVD disk of W7 professional.
    It had been provided by manufacturer HP. The product should be there. I am installing w7 for the first time in that particular laptop.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice