Windows 8 installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ninoevans

I was using windows 10. I recently was using my pc and it seemed to be slow so i restarted it and then it came up with messages saying repairing computer and just kept repairing for hours and hours and the percentage would not go past 46%. It was repairing the hard disk (C:) so i decided to put my windows 8 disk in ( which i have lost the product key for) and now i can't seem to get it running, it asks for product key so i put one in that my friend said would work. And when i end up at the end of the process it says " the computer started using windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart the upgrade.

I do this and i get the exact same message every time, i don't know if my hard disk is damaged or what, please can someone help.

TerryNet

Terry
i don't know if my hard disk is damaged or what,
You give a strong hint that it is: "just kept repairing for hours and hours and the percentage would not go past 46%. It was repairing the hard disk."

If there is a hard drive diagnostic in the BIOS/UEFI run it. If that doesn't sufficiently answer your concern get the diagnostic from the hard drive manufacturer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online