1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8, Lost Touch Functionality

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MattRhodes, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MattRhodes

MattRhodes Thread Starter

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem im having with my all-in-one

I have a Packard Bell oneTwo M3871

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 8 (64 bit) from Windows 7 (64 bit) and lost all touch screen functionality, everything else works fine.

I have tried windows update and tried checking whether some of the drivers are up to date, but I have very little knowledge of what to do

From
    Matt

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

When you were running Window 7 were there any Packard Bell utilities to make the touch screen work? If so, have you tried installing those?

If there is a Packard Bell supplied display driver have you tried that (even if there is no Windows 8 version)?

3. MattRhodes

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that Packard Bell do offer a number of drivers, but Im not sure of which I should be attempting to use

they have

Chipset
    AMT
    FIR
    VGA - AMD
    VGA -NVIDIA

4. ONATLE

ONATLE

Hello Matt.
    I got the same machine as yours, and just like you I cannot get the touchscreen to work.
    I am trying to figure it out. Please, please, please....if you manage to fix it please please please let me know.;) and please... any pc-wiz out there ...throw in a life-saver (y):cool:

5. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Are there any entries in the Device Manager with a yellow ? or ! next to them?

----------------------------------------------------------

6. MattRhodes

None of mine have a ? or ! next to them

7. Suetandy

Suetandy

Hi, Have just installed windows 8 and have lost the use of touch screen, I see I'm not the only one so I hope someone comes up with an answer. Windows 8 really seems to need a touch screen. Have tried changing drivers, even reformatted my disk just to check if it was a fault with PC.

8. techielad

techielad

Spoke to P Bell today who said that Microsoft have not released a patch yet for this to make it work, they will release it very soon so I have been told.

9. luismirita

luismirita

hello MattRhodes do you already solve the problem with the touch screen?

10. ONATLE

ONATLE

Hello Flavallee, I was wondering if you could help me find a solution for the Packard Bell touch screen loss of funcionality. Do you know if either Microsoft or PB came out with a patch? Thank you for your help.

11. luismirita

luismirita

12. Suetandy

Suetandy

13. MattRhodes

I'm still yet to have fixed the issue and that didnt work for me either :(

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1074363