1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 security issue help please

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AdamM2013, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamM2013

AdamM2013 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new to this forum. It's a long story so here it goes.
    I got a brand new HP Pavilion laptop for my birthday, which was great, until I downloaded an unwanted program called 'Claro Search', so I reset system to factory defaults and it was ok, until today. I turn it on and it tells me that it needs to do an update, so i log on and it does the update fine, but after it restarts as soon as I log in I get a message in the bottom right that tells me that I have two PC issues. I also notice that there is a strange mark next to the Norton security symbol that isn't the green tick.
    I click on the flag and it tells me that my network firewall and spyware/software protection are turned off. I try to turn them on and it doesn't let me. So I do a Norton scan and everything is fine, I get the green tick and no problems with Norton. But in the action center it still tells me that my firewall and spyware protection are off, which is contrary to what Norton tells me. I try to turn them on but nothing happens.
    I am sick of this, 2 massive issues and it's only just over a week old. I might sell it, I cannot have the stress of this coupled with College, it's too much for me.:mad:(n)(n)(n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice