1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 update was bad now caught is a software loop help

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by KathrynS, Mar 8, 2016.

?

Can someone get my computer to work I can't lose my files.

1. Contact me on skype gethealthy2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. contact me by email [email protected]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KathrynS

KathrynS Thread Starter

Hello, Please help. I had a Windows update on Saturday the computer never loaded back up. It is stuck "Please wait" with the circle of dots or " Please wait while windows is getting ready. While trying find out what is going on I turned the computer turn it on holding down the F12 button that took it to booting there I was able to do tests they came out fine and at the end it said Windows did not load correctly Do an advance Windows repair or try again. I was stupid I tried again I should have tried the Windows repair. I then called MicroCenter where I bought my computer Dell Inspiron 660 Windows 8 the tech said , turn the computer on and off fast as soon as you see the Dell logo 4 time and on the 5th time let it continue and it will take you to the system repair. They told me to bring it in. The tech who logged me in turned on my computer saw the blue screen with the Please wait while Windows loads. He then turned off turned it back on an I now know he pushed down the SHIFT Key till the logo came on let go and it went to the Windows repair. I left the computer they ran the test the HARD WARE is Fine. I also went onto Microsoft support they said that system repair would fix the loop. The MicroCenter tech said I had to format the drive. I told him they said to do the Repair windows. He claims he did it but it did not work. I told him I would have Microsoft take a look for FREE. I talked to the tech that logged me in and he told me to Hold the Shift Key down would till saw the logo would take me to the repair I could not get that to happen. I was also told to do a download and I used an 8 gig flash drive I went the site
    HOW to CREATE WINDOWS 10 BOOTABLE DEVICE

1. Go to this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8 I followed the instructions the drive did the download at the end it said it did not work to try again, The flash drive was in H when I went to go to that it did not show up I was going to format and try again I tried again and it said there was not enough room. I was told to back up my files. I have a Hatachi external hard drive I did not see the instructions in the box but on the out side it said just plug it in and turn it on it would do the back up. How do I know it is done the white light in the front I thought it went off but it is been a while and it is still on. Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1167626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice