1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8 upgrade offer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Macboatmaster, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

1. Register for Windows 8 upgrade
    https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en/

2. This upgrade promotion for Windows 8 Pro both online and at retail runs through to January 31st, 2013.

We set out to make it as easy as possible for everyone to upgrade to Windows 8. Starting at general availability, if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the "add features" option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade.

http://windowsteambl...-for-39-99.aspx

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Before actually upgrading know how you will get back to your current system if Windows 8 does not work satisfactorily for you.

Unless $40 means nothing to you I strongly advise that you give the Windows 8 Release Preview a test ride before committing your money on the released version. It may not install on your computer. It may not work very well on your computer. You may find that for you it is not a $40 improvement over your current system.

Don't just take my advice. Read through a bunch of the threads in this forum if you haven't already tried Windows 8 Customer or Release Preview yourself.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I meant my post as general advice to anyone reading the thread. I'm sorry, Macboatmaster, that I made it sound as though I were talking directly to you.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I fully expect to see a large number of threads from people who install Windows 8 and then want to revert back to Windows 7 or Windows XP and don't have the means to do it. :(

I have no intention of using it either. (n)

--------------------------------------------------------

6. Compiler

Compiler

Perhaps a sticky is needed at the top?
    WARNING: use XYZ program to image your drive in case windows 8 makes you throw-up your lunch.
    Programs like Reflect works pretty good (not always) and there is another free one which maybe better (forgot the name).

Best thing is to use a spare HD to try it out. But I hope and think most people will see how it is in the stores or reviews or youtube.

I for one, will NEVER install that crap on any of my computers. Win8 is on a notebook as an early warning device... once WIn8 goes retail, I will wipe it and install LinuxMint and spend a year un-learning the crap MS-OS to migrate to Linux.

Since when has MS ever offer $40 to upgrade to a "Pro" OS? It really seems the PRO version is actually "Home" anyway.
    Windows 8 will not be pirated, very few people want it. And its going to hurt their tablet and phone sales too (good) - and their partners are already sweating (they should be, but sorry for them). Even vista didn't get this much negative attacks before release.

7. black-wolf

black-wolf

I will probably put Win 8 on one of my computers so I have it to refer to when working on someone else's computer. I will play with it the same as I do with Ubuntu and Mint.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice