1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 8.. ??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cerma1993, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cerma1993

cerma1993 Thread Starter

is any one know about windows 8 ??

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All i know is that it isnt out yet and wont be till next year some time from what ive heard.

3. dukevyner

dukevyner

i can tell you its absolute garbage... they've gone with the terrible choice of gettiing rid of the start menu... yeah you know that thing that every windows user knows how to use... GONE!... there replacing it with the stupid tile menu... like a windows phone....O.O its just an over sized windows phone....oh wait :| thats obvious... i've tried the "developer preview" which is basically a beta... and its real bad and not just cause its a beta... the title screen... it really is bad... ps i would NOT recommend installing the "windows developer preview" IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE
    BEWARE THE WINDOWS 8!!!.... oh and the "sacrilege"

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I haven't researched Windows 8 that much, but it appears to be designed more for touch-screen computers.

All the graphic and other changes is going to be a big learning curve for many people.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I dont think to many people are going to be rushing out and buying it then.Because if its designed more for a touch screen again not a lot of people are going to dump their computers for one with that type of screen.I had heard that its basically windows 7 with touch screen features.Maybe some day they will come out with a version of windows that everyone will like and agree on.And that it will be new and improved not a system that was put together with no thought at all as to how it was going to work like some previous ones such as vista and windows ME.

6. dukevyner

dukevyner

Sadly more people will probably buy it than you might think... its kinda like Call of Duty over the years people have been exposed to it and liked it.. and will pretty much buy anything they put out...

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's still a long time before it finally comes out. The preview was really just for developers to get a head start.

But if things go the way they are supposed to, Windows 8 will ship only on new machines that have and use no BIOS. It's about time we got rid of that monstrosity, anyway.

The preview is very stable for something this early and most programs I installed worked fine. I'm running it in a VM from an external drive, so it's a bit slow sometimes, but usable even set up that way. And I only let it use 1 GB of RAM.

Because I don't have a touch screen, I installed Classic Shell and got the same old Start menu I've been using on 7 and Vista before.

8. dukevyner

dukevyner

so then whats the point of having it?... exactly!... and while the bios is quite confusing to some... its necessary for some things...it should be interesting to see what the do

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice