windows 95 floppies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rkroot

:mad: I am ready to lose my mind.

Can someone please tell me how to create windows 95 floppies from my existing CD.
Or can anyone direct me to a place that would have these floppies for download or purchase. Any help would be great.
I have my reasons.
Thanks

Can I just ask Root why on earth you would want 95 on floppy's?
Do you have 25 spare floppy disk's to hand because that's what 95 came on before cd's were invented?
Wolfey

smash

Banned
i've got them in a draw from way back then why do you want them i'd be happy to do a trade:)

rkroot

Wolfeymole; I have an old 486 laptop that I am using as a word processor. Windows 95 is the best choice for this machine given it's age. :)

Couchmaster: The problem with ebay is that everyone there thinks there crap is worth gold. Know what I mean? :cool:

SMASH: You are the hero of the day! What would you like to trade for them? :D

smash

Banned
possible problem i'm in australia, where are you what could you offer for them, i'm a musician not a gameplayer, if your local a few beers otherwise postage which you'll have to pay for is the only way i can think of do you have any ideas?

rkroot

Well a few beers sound terrific but I live in America and the bus fare
would be killer! LOL
Would you consider uploading them via e-mail attachments? Give me your
address and I will send you whatever you would like in return.

That's about the best I can do for now other than U.S.P.S. global mail :D

mobo has a complete he`d be happy to give you .....i`ll ask and pm me your address . you pay shipping from canada , and they are yours .

smash

Banned
sounds like shipping from canada might be cheaper than from australia:)

rkroot

I just thought I would let everyone know that I have found a solution to my win95 floppy problem. I found a program that made it possible for me to format floppies to 1.72 instead of the ussual 1.44 megs. This allowed me to copy the CAB files form the windows 95 cd and transfer them to the hard drive in the laptop. Everything worked fine so I tried it with windows 98. This worked fine as well but I was not able to do the same with windows 98SE (cab files are about 2 megs each).
So with the laptop back in working order I am able to use it as a word processor or very simple internet duties.
Success Achieved!!!! (y) (y)

I also won an auction on e-bay for an 8 speed cdrom for the little buger. That will be here next week.

Thanks for all your input and offers. Especially Smash from down-under. You guys rock! :D

rkroot

I agree with everything but the AVG antivirus. I have had some disaserous results in the past with that program. I actually prefer to use AVAST. So far I have had good results from them even when I deliberately go out and search for virus to test it's ability.
Thanks for the input though.

smash

Banned
i've never had any trouble with avg it has stopped a few viruses [p2p] but i don't go looking for them:)from what i've heard avast is good to but they're all vunerable so dont look for viruses unless you know what your doing my friend actually collects them as he work in defence security and believe it or not they get hacked into in the defence dept with all their security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online