1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 95 Installation conflict via CD-Rom

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cyber19583, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyber19583

cyber19583 Thread Starter

have a good but old Pent.sys....am attempting to load Win 95 but CD-Rom is not doing what it normally did(after format, after copying the correct config and autoexec files, and after installing CD device drivers, the system does not place the system back at the A or C prompt that allows one to switch to the E prompt (normally D )..here the system freezes at the famous Windows (95 blue-sky screenn) ... To shorten the story, this current machine has two internal hard drives(normally i install when there is only one...[that means here there is a C and a D drive). when i go thru all the motions, the CD-Rom drive does not respond...my guess is that because it previously looked for D as its source drive, it is not responding because the D drive is used . how do i rectify this conflict and attempt to make either the internal the E drive or the CD-Rom the E drive?
    Again, i do have the original Win 95 boot disk, the original CD-Rom device drivers for the CD-Rom i am using......Please advise.....Thanks with a SMILE!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice