1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 95b not recognizing USB Thumbdrive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by greggaxiola, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggaxiola

greggaxiola Thread Starter

Hello all here, and THANK YOU ALL in advance for being here and your help.

I am new to this forum and having a small problem with a Panasonic Toughbook I bought on eBay.

It came preloaded with Windows 95b and is a great laptop except for the annoying problem of not recognizing any thumb
    drives when I plug them into the USB port in the back of the computer.

Any suggestions that might help with this problem would greatly be appreciated, BTW the laptop did not come to me with ANY software, however I do have a copy of Win 95b on a CD from a previous computer I owned.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP!!
    :)

Greg

2. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Greg:

Make use of the links and information that SDFOX7 provided to you. Hopefully, it'll help.

USB support was very "iffy" with Windows 95 OSR2. It got better with Windows 98/98SE, and even better with Windows ME.

Nowadays, practically all devices and peripherals that you buy will only work with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, so you need to read the system requirements before you buy them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice