1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 automaticaly starts in SAFE MODE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Barun, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Barun

Barun Thread Starter

Sir,
    I have a P-III, Compaq Deskpro EN, PC with Windows 98 OS. Since few day's back my system, after switching it ON auto starts in SAFE MODE. From there I have to select normal boot then only it comes out of SAFE MODE. Even I reinstalled the OS and the problem was over FOR FEW DAYS only. After some day it again started booting in SAFE MODE. Please show me a way to come out of it.
    With regards,

Barun
    West Bengal
    INDIA

2. brindle

brindle

Does it say safe mode in all for corners? If so this might help.

3. Barun

Barun Thread Starter

Thanks Brindle,
    I hope your trick will work.

Barun
    INDIA

4. brindle

brindle

Remember msdos.sys is a hidden file in your C:\ and you first will have to choose show all files in my documents view, folder option, view.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice