1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 Backup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bud Norris, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bud Norris

Bud Norris Thread Starter

I couldn't find a thread about this specifically. I have Windows 98 and use NTI Backup Now! for backups. I've tried several times over the years to get the Windows Backup program to detect my CD-RW drive for backup storage to no avail.
    I just had an ASPI file corruption problem that prevented my Backup Now! from detecting my CD-RW until I restored a good file so I once again looked at the Windows backup program.
    I'm just about convinced the Windows 98 Backup program will not save (write) to a CD-RW device. Can anyone tell me if this is true? It would prevent me wasting anymore time worrying about the program does not detect a backup drive available.
    Thanks,
    Bud

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

If your refering to the backup program that comes with Win 98 then you are correct. It will now work with a CD/RW drive.

3. Bud Norris

Thanks John. I needed confirmation of that fact. Sometimes I find myself plagued by self doubt, especially when it involves this infernal machine.

Since you are so helpful can you tell me just what the term ASPI, in winaspi.dll, means?

Thanks

4. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

5. Bud Norris

Thanks again John.
    I can see already how much this TSG site is going to help me.

6. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Your welcome. There are some good people here that just like to help. I'm still a newbe myself but I've learned alot here.

John

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice