Windows 98 Backup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bud Norris

I couldn't find a thread about this specifically. I have Windows 98 and use NTI Backup Now! for backups. I've tried several times over the years to get the Windows Backup program to detect my CD-RW drive for backup storage to no avail.
I just had an ASPI file corruption problem that prevented my Backup Now! from detecting my CD-RW until I restored a good file so I once again looked at the Windows backup program.
I'm just about convinced the Windows 98 Backup program will not save (write) to a CD-RW device. Can anyone tell me if this is true? It would prevent me wasting anymore time worrying about the program does not detect a backup drive available.
Thanks,
Bud

If your refering to the backup program that comes with Win 98 then you are correct. It will now work with a CD/RW drive.

Bud Norris

Thanks John. I needed confirmation of that fact. Sometimes I find myself plagued by self doubt, especially when it involves this infernal machine.

Since you are so helpful can you tell me just what the term ASPI, in winaspi.dll, means?

Thanks

Bud Norris

Thanks again John.
I can see already how much this TSG site is going to help me.

Your welcome. There are some good people here that just like to help. I'm still a newbe myself but I've learned alot here.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online