Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

windows 98 callender!!!

750 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DoyceJ 
#1 ·
i have windows 98 second edition and after leaving my computer with my ideot brother he sent it to a mate for a 'repair' (he didn't take the computer apart) the guy did nothing to it apart from when i got it back every time i start a windows session the date is correct but the year stays at 2098 until i update it manually. Thinking that it had something to do with bios i went there to have a look and the same thing was happening there but instead of 2098 it stays on 1996, even when you update it!!! some one please help me with this problem before i go nuts....
Ed:confused:

#2 ·
Hi,

What type of system are you using? Is it made by a major manufacturer? (ie- IBM, Compaq, Dell, etc).
When going into the BIOS, you should be able to determine the manufacturer of the BIOS.
Might be Award or AMIBIOS, or something like that. Your system might need to have the BIOS updated, to correct a possible bug.
If the system was built by a big-name company like IBM, then you should be able to find a BIOS update from their website.
If the system is a "no-name" brand, then you'll have to search the internet using the name of the BIOS manufacturer.
Once you find the latest BIOS update for your system, you'll have to unzip the files to a floppy disk, then boot your system off of that disk.

This is only a possibility, but I hope it helps. Please post back with your results.

#4 ·
i went to try and update my bios but there were all sorts of messages telling me that if i did it wrong then my whole computer would feck up so how do i find out the name of my bios. is says award bios plug and play... then something along the lines of PCI/ISA BIOS Award Software some please help...
Ed:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.