1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 complete restore

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by B00204605, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

I am having trouble with slow response with Windows 98 first edition. I did a clean install with the compaq restore disk. The problems that i am experiencing is slow keyboard response; slow mouse click response; and resolution with monitor colors. Please help! I have so much time involved i just want to complete the job. :confused:

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Did you place the Restore CD in the drive and then shut down the computer down cold for 60 seconds before proceeding to power on the computer?

Also to successfully use this Restore/Recover CD feature you must have only the original or factory authorized hardware plugged onto the mainboard. No third-party add-in hardware can be plugged into the mainboard at all (like CDR-W or Video/Audio cards for example) and, only the original keyboard, mouse and speakers can be plugged onto the back of the computer under most circumstances. The original keyboard, mouse and speakers may sometimes be substituted but never the CD-ROM or other add-in PCI/ISA cards. A different hard drive or more RAM will not affect the Restore process and are excluded from the above restrictions.

3. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

All but a USB card are original equipment. The only problem i am having is the slow response in keyboard strokes and response times with mouse clicks. All other seems to be operating well.

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Tnx for responding. Then the USB card has to come out and the Restore redone.

5. B00204605

B00204605 Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip ill try it out

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice