1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 98 Error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bridiget, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridiget

Bridiget Thread Starter

I have been trying to setup windows 98 on my computer.Upon setup I get this message. can't find user.exe file. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

explain in great detail the steps you take to set up Windows. Are you doing an upgrade or a clean install? See the enclosed printable attachment on Starting From Scratch.

Attached Files:

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Doing an upgrade? you must uninstall your anti-virus and restart your computer before the upgrade. Doing a clean install? shut the computer down for a full 120 seconds after the initial format and, nothing but keyboard, mouse and monitor should be plugged into the computer before you begin the installation (setup) of Windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice