1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 game on XP

Discussion in 'Games' started by kenub927, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenub927

kenub927 Thread Starter

Im trying to install ne of my old games on XP and its not working...is there anyone who knows how to do this so it would work???

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    depends on the game. But with the CD in, right click on the CD drive in My Computer, choose Open. Right click on setup.exe file and click properties. Under the Compatibility tab, click Run Program under... Then in the drop down select Windows 98. Apply and OK. Then double click on the setup.exe file. It should run the installation under Windows 98 compatibility.

3. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

ive got the original 95 lemmings to work on my xp

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Like I said, it will depend on the game.

5. arluin

arluin

So if I don't get the Compatibility mode selection does that mean its the game, or my XP Pro isn't configured for compatibility?

I'm trying to install Darklords III

6. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I suggest checking out NT Compatible. I find myself checking that place a lot ever since I went to 2k Pro.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What do you mean by you don't get the compatibility mode?

If the game is a DOS version, then you can use a virtual DOS program called DOSBOX. Its used to play older games that required DOS.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice