1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98-HJT Log has hardly anthing to it- it did then didn't, can someone look ple

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xfile47, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Windows 98

I am helping with a computer and my friend had no adware or spyware protection, and not sure how much antiviurs. He had etrust but couldn't get it to run so I uninstalled it. anyway

I installed
    adware--caught alexa and coulomb dialer and I deleted or quarentined them said it did.

spybot-caughtalexa related
    Cydoor
    myway.mybar
    myway.mysearch
    myway.mywebsearch
    webhancer
    said it fixed all of them

In add/remove programs I removed topsearch
    search assistant
    webhancer server companion
    webhancer customer companion
    web rebates twice

The first HJT LOG I ran I thought looked good but I don't have a copy of that here with me, I made a backup and then I removed

o4-webrebates
    04mywebsearch
    08webrebates
    cause I new they had to go.

I ran a second log and ran it through the hijackthis helper site and that is when I took these ones below out,

04ICSDCLT it had some other stuff and ended like icsdclt.dll.ICSClient
    Iwas told by the Hijack this helper site that it was a virus and also by startup inspector so I removed it.

04 Blubster.exe silent

04 findfast
    I removed those cause that is all I thought I was sure of.

I put on Spyblaster
    ie-spyad
    scriptdefender

I put McAfee Antivirus on it the new 10.0 haven't had a chance to run it yet but here is where it gets wierd. I ran a HJT Log cause I had to go and thought I would show it to you guys to get some help but this is all it shows now.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 2:18:00 PM, on 1/26/06
    Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\STARTER.EXE
    C:\HJT PROGRAM NEW\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ws1.appswebservice.com/index.php?tpid=10244&ttid=104
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe

That is all that is there. I tried running it at least twice if not three times and this is all that comes up.

like I said adware said it fixed those
    spybot said it fixed those
    I stopped some stuff from startup with startup Inspector but stuff I have stopped before it tells you about them anyway.

I am worried about the log, can anyone tell me anything about it to at least lay my mind at ease tonight cause I can't get back to it till tomorrow. I will wait for someone, Thanks

2. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Did I Make Someone Mad? Or Is Everyone Busy?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice