1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 in Korean?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rford65, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rford65

rford65 Thread Starter

Hi folks.I acquired an older computer from someone that I'd like to get going for my 5 year old daughter.There are a lot of programs and other junk I would like to remove.However,all of the language is Korean.I have a copy of Windows I can install.Should I just delete all programs(including the Korean Windows) right off the bat and reinstall English Windows (and if so how do I do that) and start from scratch?Can the language of Windows be changed?I tried going into the control panel/regional and language area but,again,everything is in Korean.I'd like to save some of the programs if they can be converted to English;if not how can I start from scratch?
    Thanx

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Windows in any other language will be Windows in that language.....I have the spanish version, some programs will install in English, some won't.

I'd reformat and start all over.

http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html

3. danielno8

danielno8

do you know how to format??

Thats the best way to start from scratch.

If you dont just let me know and i'll try to help.

Daniel

4. rford65

rford65 Thread Starter

Thanx Daniel.Yes,it seems that some programs are in English and some are in Korean.I am not sure how to reformat.If you have a chance and can walk me through it ,I'd appreciate it.It's probably easier to reformat than to learn Korean.I don't have the computer in front of me but I'll be home later.
    Thanx.

5. danielno8

danielno8

Sorry AcaCandy i never noticed you had already posted a reply.Was doing it in a rush at school.

Anyway, i'm not sure about Korean, but to get into Command Prompt in 98 English tap F8 while its just about to start booting.It should give an option ofbooting in different modes, choose command prompt.

when it gets to C:\ prompt type in front of the C: bit "format" without the speech marks.

This is assuming that the windows you want to format is on the C:\ drive.

Any more problems just ask.This forum is full of people more than willing to share they're expertise!!

Daniel

P.S i agree it'd be easier to format than use learn Korean lol

6. rford65

rford65 Thread Starter

When I get to the C:\> prompt and I type in "format" (no parentheses,no space),it says "required parameter missing". Any thoughts?

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Its
    Format C:

8. rford65

rford65 Thread Starter

Bingo! Thanx you guys.I'm loading Windows "as we speak"!

9. danielno8

danielno8

oops sorry forgot about that bit!!!!!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice