Windows 98 Lost STIMON.exe How do I restore it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Heather64

I have lost Stimon.exe for my Epsom Perfection 2450 Photo Scanner, also my Cannon Camera, and Nikon Cool Scan 1V.

Can someone please help to explain in very simple terms how I restore them.

I have tried uninstalling the Epsom Scanner,via the Control Panel ,the Add/Remove box, but trying to re-install it I come up against problems that the drivers won't install because there is still a little bit of the Scanner still floating around in the back ground, so it obviously isn't fully Un-installed, but I don't know where to go to get rid of the bits fully.

Please help,

Heather

Stimon.exe is both a file and a registry entry. The scanner installation should take care of the registry part.

The file should exist in c:\windows\system

If it does not, try using the System File Checker to restore it there:

Using SFC to extract files

1. Go to Start>Run and enter SFC and click OK
2. Check "Extract one File"
3. Enter the file name and click on "Start"
4. In the "Restore from" field enter:: D:\WIN98 [if 'D' is not the letter of your CD-Rom drive, modify appropriately]
5. Click OK

*if you do not have a Windows system CD, try subsitituting c:\windows\options\cabs in the"restore from field"

*note: in WinME, cabinet files may be found in the location: c:\windows\options\install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online