1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 98 problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rrwmman, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rrwmman

rrwmman Thread Starter

after down loading video email into a file,try to open it and get error message"video/exe is not a valid win 32 application" and will not allow me to see it.what is the problem and can I fix this?
    thanks,any help appreciated:confused:

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Sounds like you have a file association problem. Try setting the file association.

Go to start, settings, folder options, file types and set the file association for this type of video.

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

If Ricks idea doesnt work, you may need to un-install and re-install whatever you are trying to view it with.

Welcome to TSG. :)

hey Rick :)

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

It could also be the file is corrupt. I have a program that I send video through email with. It is an .exe file and it sends the file drivers needed to play the video.

If it is a file like the one I mentioned above you will have to have them resend the file.

No other program will open it or play it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice