1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 Profile Difficulties! ^-^

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jbritz22, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jbritz22

Jbritz22 Thread Starter

Ok, I recently created 2 profiles for windows 98(se), and I am having several problems.

1) The desktop wallpapers arent unique for each user/profile, even though I selected for them to be unique when I created the profile.

2) Norton AntiVirus comes up with an error, similiar to "The driver(s) cant be found, please restart)

3) The login screen is at like 300x400 resolution, how can I change this?

Thanks for all the help, and thanks for taking the time to even look at this. :D

2. K-Man

K-Man

Hi Jbritz22, I had similar problems when I set up multiple users on my 98.

This should help, but I'm kind of new at this, so don't be afraid to get a second opinion. I won't be insulted!

1. Not sure about yours, but on mine, each user has to set wallpaper individually. Just right-click on the desktop, go to properties, and you'll see the wallpaper options. Pretty straightforward after that.

2. I haven't solved the Norton problem yet exactly myself, but I think it has to have a copy of certain files for EACH user.

3. Login screen: Are you referring to where it lists user names? What about when you get to the desktop? If it's still small at the desktop: right-click on the desktop, go to properties, click the display tab, and set your resolution.

You might want further advice from a more senior member than myself though! Good luck!

3. Jbritz22

Jbritz22 Thread Starter

I got all the problems fixed by unistalling norton, and installing mcafee :D And it found more viruses than norton did.

4. K-Man

K-Man

Glad to hear that Jbritz22! I'm thinking about mcafee myself, as Symantec (makers of Norton) haven't been very helpful.

I guess you didn't need all that stuff I went through... :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice