1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 98 reinstall

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by perseous, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perseous

perseous Thread Starter

My friend has win98 and seem to be missing some DLL files. I was going to reinsall the os but not sure which way to do this. I was going to make a new partition with fdisk and then install the os and just drag and drop all the files that he wants to keep but the partion that he has is set up for the entire hard drive. Can I still make another primary partition with out a third party app. like partition magic, or do I have to make room outside of the partition that is currently on the hard drive? I was also thinking about copying all the files to the c: root directory and the do a deltree windows and then installing the new os and drag and drop the programs and files from the root back to the windows tree. Please any help would be greatfully appreciated thank you.

2. brianF

brianF

If you fdisk the drive to create another partition your going to lose everything, you would have to use partition magic.

Why not just try to reinstall to the same folder and see if it cures the problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice