Windows 98 SE Repair Install (with upgrade CD)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JareXP

I just ordered a Windows 98 SE Upgrade, and im expecting to be able to do a Repair install with it on my Already install 98 SE system (is it possible ?) and do i need a Key code ?

-Felix

Styxx

Banned
The CD key will come with the upgrade CD you ordered. Yes you can do a 'over-write' install but know that in many cases the problems with your original install get transferred over with the over-write repair leaving you with the same or sometimes even worse problems. Possibly a loss of funds and a more complicated fix will be realized.

Likely, the forum can help you fix what is installed now. Before you take the wrapper off the new CD so you can't return it, let the forum see what they can do first.

What brand of computer (non-proprietary, Compaq, etc.) do you use?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online