1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 Upgrade not Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bartholomew, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bartholomew

Bartholomew Thread Starter

I have a 98 Dell XPS D300 system with PII 300 Mhz Processor running Win 98 Upgrade. When I shutdown it usually say's It is now safe to turn off your computer, then turn off automatically. When shutting down, it removes the task bar, desktop icons, and almost shuts down, but stops on the Desktop and does nothing. I then have to Ctrl, Alt, & Del only to find that the program msgrv32.exe is not responding. I then have to end task on that program to shut down the computer. Please help

2. Dan O

Dan O

Here's a link to a great article on the subject: http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm

You should also try our Search feature as your problem has been discussed many times in the past, and we have a lot of good information on it.

3. Bartholomew

Bartholomew Thread Starter

Thanks Dan O,

I needed this info,

I will try this, and if it does not work, I will repost.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice