1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 98 USB Digital Camera Problem Please Help =/...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FrozenBlade, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrozenBlade

FrozenBlade Thread Starter

Hey all got my girlfriend a HP digital camera for x-mas and she runs a really old computer w/windows 98. She said she successfully installed all the software correctly and connected the camera then turned it on. The camera then said "Connected to PC" however the computer doesn't pick anything up when she goes to HP's program... I am unforunately to far away to examine this and a beginner myself for the most part and she is not versed well at all in computers to be honest which makes it harder.

If someone could please help make our Christmas better I'd very much appreciate it since we cannot afford a new computer at this time :( ... If it all possible please explain it in a way we can easily understand so we may apply it.

Thanks in advance all hope someone can help =/....

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the computer is not running W98SE (Second Edition), you may have a problem with the USB connectivity.

3. FrozenBlade

FrozenBlade Thread Starter

Is there anything we can do?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Upgrade to a later version of Windows. I don't know of any way to get the USB devices that don't work on the first edition of W98 to function. It's also been years since I thinkered with W98, so perhaps someone else will come along and have an idea. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/427977