Windows 98 USB Digital Camera Problem Please Help =/...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FrozenBlade

Hey all got my girlfriend a HP digital camera for x-mas and she runs a really old computer w/windows 98. She said she successfully installed all the software correctly and connected the camera then turned it on. The camera then said "Connected to PC" however the computer doesn't pick anything up when she goes to HP's program... I am unforunately to far away to examine this and a beginner myself for the most part and she is not versed well at all in computers to be honest which makes it harder.

If someone could please help make our Christmas better I'd very much appreciate it since we cannot afford a new computer at this time :( ... If it all possible please explain it in a way we can easily understand so we may apply it.

Thanks in advance all hope someone can help =/....

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If the computer is not running W98SE (Second Edition), you may have a problem with the USB connectivity.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Upgrade to a later version of Windows. I don't know of any way to get the USB devices that don't work on the first edition of W98 to function. It's also been years since I thinkered with W98, so perhaps someone else will come along and have an idea. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online