windows 98 weird message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

highhoney34

:confused: Hi everytime i try to use my yahoo messenger or do say a daily jigsaw puzzle i get a weird message thati never had before. It says this program has performed illegal blah blah then when i click details it says sb16snd.drv has caused default or something like that. I have never seen this one before. does anyone know what that is? It is starting to get on my nerves lol.
I am running win 98 se i have 128 mb of ram and lots of free space i clean my comp all the time. I just started having this problemmn in the lst few days any ideas? thanks muchly.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That file is associated with a Creative Labs Soundblaster sound card.

What model/model number Soundblaster card do you have?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Device Manager(tab). Click the + in Sound And Audio Devices. What is listed there?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the brand name, model name, and model number of the computer tower? That information might help narrow it down a little more.

The sound driver may possibly be the one located here. It's the same one that's listed in the Creative Soundblaster site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online