windows accessibility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dori

Hello, I have a problem, which i was hoping you guys could help me resolve.

I have a laptop gateway with windows xp home edition. I cannot access
the windows. when i turn the computer on the windows opens correctly but in
the moment that it plays the opening tune, the tune interrupts and it plays
the closing tune. the screen displays a "welcome" and a box with the account
for logging in.

It also says in the right hand bottom of the screen "after you log on, you
can add or change accounts. Just go to Control Panel and click User Accounts."

I would also like to inform you that i tried the safe mode but it didn't
work. the same result. i tried last known good configuration but without
success. I tried the boot disk it didn't work either.

Please could you help me access the windows, without having to format the
disk, i have some files i would not like to lose.

I thank you very much for your time and assistance.

dori

Is your account name displayed? Do you have a password for your account? Try logging in as Administrator.

dori

yes the account name is diplayed. I don't need a password to enter into the system. It's when i click the account name diplayed that i initially get the opening tune of windows and then immediately after it the closing tune.

does it have perhaps to do with any virus the laptop might have. I was searching yesterday with kaspersky and got rid of several viruses, but some remained. some of the names of viruses were "win32.padotor.u" or "win32.show.u". kaspersky deleted some of them but not all. I also downloaded a removal tool from the web, which advised me to turn off system restore, in order for the tool to be able to also search the files in system restore.

Any ideas?

Thanks, friend.

d.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online